Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Africa Writes: a cultural history website

I came across a really fascinating website of cultural history called Africa Writes. I was particularly intrigued by the fact that it was based in Kankan, which is the second city in the Republic of Guinea but hardly a major West African cultural center. But I've actually spent time in Kankan and it's definitely an interesting city in an intriguing area of the country... though I could've done without the dust.

According to its mission statement, Africa Writes' objective is the complete and total redefinition of African history and culture, through proper observation, documentation and representation of African culture from total indigenous African perspective.

I haven't had the chance to fully explore the site but from what I've seen, it's something I'd certainly recommend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home